Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rachel McAdams searching for true love: 'It's such a hard thing to find'

Rachel McAdams revealed in Elle's June issue, on sale May 24, that she's a big romantic.

Alexei Hay/Elle

Rachel McAdams revealed in Elle's June issue, on sale May 24, that she's a big romantic.

Fans of "The Notebook" rejoice!

Rachel McAdams is just as much a romantic as her famous character in the 2004 tearjerker.

The actress alluded to the film in the June issue of Elle, where she mentioned that listening to Billie Holiday music is a magical experience.

"When Billie Holiday comes on, I can't help but be transported," she told the magazine. "I'm sure it wasn't as romantic then at all but that's the wonderful part of my job, dressing up and walking down the street in New York or Toronto, pretending I'm in the 1940s."

In the romance movie, McAdams does just that. She dances in the street with Ryan Gosling to a version of Holiday's classic "I'll Be Seeing You."

Perhaps the memory holds special importance to McAdams because Gosling was her real-life love on-and-off for several years until December 2008.

McAdams, 32, spoke candidly to Elle about her ongoing search for a solid relationship.

"You have those days when you wonder if you're going to find it for yourself," she said. "It's such a hard thing to find. I think it was more that realization that rocked me."

But the actress knows she can always look to her parents, who are "still together and still in love," for inspiration.

"I'm very blessed that way," McAdams said. "I had a great example of love in front of me, and that's probably what makes me such a romantic, because I've seen it firsthand."

It was briefly thought earlier this week that the movie star was ready to settle down with boyfriend Michael Sheen, whom she appears with in the upcoming "Midnight in Paris," but a rep for the actor denied the rumors.

Here's hoping McAdams' own love story has an even better ending than "The Notebook."

Leighton Meester Christina Ricci Bijou Phillips Rhona Mitra Nichole Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment